Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome!

Author Topic: Review: Destroy All Humans! Big Willy Unleashed (Wii)  (Read 1601 times)

Mark

• Legendary Fruitcake
  • Administrator
  • Fruit-tastic
    • CoopGamer.com
Review: Destroy All Humans! Big Willy Unleashed (Wii)
« on: November 20, 2008, 12:07:31 PM »

Well, I'm just going to come out and say it.  This game sucks.  The graphics, the controls, the everything.  It's terrible.

So let's just get to the coop.  I heard that the previous game, "Destroy All Humans 2" had a nice coop story mode.  I checked out the back of the box on this title and sure enough, it also has 2-player coop. 

Except it's only for 2 stages and not at all through the story mode.  Fantastic.

So how do those 2 stages play?

Well the first one has you and your friend zapping aliens before they get to a specific place.  They come from completely different sides, so you and your partner have to split up and do your own thing to cover different areas.  So it's kind of like you are playing the same game, only not together.  This was fun for roughly 0 minutes.

The second stage has you dragging dynamite over to a building to blow it up while avoiding enemies.  Well we found the AI was just as awful as the game itself, so one person could just run around dragging all the baddies out of the way while the other took care of the dynamite.  This was fun for about 2 minutes. 

The single player is passable.  The coop is abominable.  I give it a 5 on the single-player scale and a 4.5 on the coop scale for slapping coop into the game so poorly just to have it on the box.

This is budget bin trash.  Avoid.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 07:16:28 PM by Mark »

Guild Navigator

• Forbidden Fruit
Re: Review: Destroy All Humans! Big Willy Unleashed (Wii)
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 02:43:36 PM »
This series had a lot of potential. Really sorry it went as sucky as it did.

Mark

• Legendary Fruitcake
  • Administrator
  • Fruit-tastic
    • CoopGamer.com
Re: Review: Destroy All Humans! Big Willy Unleashed (Wii)
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 04:08:39 PM »
I heard the previous titles were better than this one, so it looks like we picked a bad place to start.

I also heard that they tried to secure the "Mars Attacks" license, but it was too expensive.

Enterprise © Bloc