Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome!

Author Topic: What are you currently playing?  (Read 45448 times)

Mark

• Legendary Fruitcake
  • Administrator
  • Fruit-tastic
    • CoopGamer.com
What are you currently playing?
« on: May 26, 2009, 05:27:03 PM »
It feels like a slow time for gaming right now.  I'd like to see what you all are up to in your free time.

Right now we are trying to play though Resident Evil 5 on the PS3.  I must say, I'm loving this game.  Quite possibly game of the year for us.  Fantastic coop experience.

On PC we're also trying to finish up Command and Conquer:  Red Alert 3.  Also a very good experience overall.  Hopefully we can wrap that up and I can get a review posted soon.

Before our 360 bit the dust, we were playing Castle Crashers and loving that as well (although Gundam 2 was the game we were playing when it died).

On the Wii I'm playing Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn in the wee hours of night.

On the DS I'm still trying to polish off Ninjatown.  Quite a cute little game.  Ninja poo-poo?  You betcha.

Jude

• Forbidden Fruit
  • Invincible.
Re: What are you currently playing?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 06:00:20 PM »
Right now my time is split between UFC: Undisputed and Demigod.

Mark

• Legendary Fruitcake
  • Administrator
  • Fruit-tastic
    • CoopGamer.com
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 06:02:04 PM »
How is UFC?  I heard it is pretty good.  Who is your favorite fighter?

Jude

• Forbidden Fruit
  • Invincible.
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 01:56:14 PM »
How is UFC?  I heard it is pretty good.  Who is your favorite fighter?

I haven't played with any of the fighters except the one I created for career mode.  The game is great--having a lot of fun with the career mode.  I've only lost twice.  I ranked up really quickly and ended up fighting guys with more than twice my stats and I didn't have the skill to make up the difference.  My fighter is Comrade Zangief.  My striking style is boxing, my grappling style is wrestling.  Most of my wins are by submission.

Soon enough I'll try playing online and figuring out which real fighter I like best.

Alchemeron

• Fruit-tastic
  • The Sophist
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 02:04:57 PM »
I played Wolverine a few weeks ago and really liked it.  Been thinking about picking up inFamous, since it's gotten decent reviews and I could use a new open-world action game.

What I'm actually playing right now, however, is A Final Unity, the adventure game based on Star Trek: The Next Generation.  I have a pretty sweet DOSbox configuration that runs the game almost perfectly.
Mostly Harmless

Ershin

• Tangy Fruit
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 04:21:33 AM »
I'm actually part-way through Wolverine.  Not exactly sure how far in I am, but I just got the "find half of the dog tags" achievement recently so I expect that puts me at roughly the halfway mark.

I tried the demo for inFamous and was extremely disappointed with it.  I'll probably still rent it, but I could not for the life of me understand why everyone is so hyped about that game.  I only hope that it wasn't representative of the rest of the game.

I'm definitely gonna try Punchout, I've got Red Faction coming in the mail from gamefly (probably won't play that for too long, but should be fun to try out), and I'm really looking forward to trying Prototype.

The thing I've been playing more than anything else lately though is (longest name ever)  Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier.  I had never even heard of this series until my friend showed me it a couple weeks back, but I got hooked right away.  The battle system is very entertaining, the difficulty is just high enough that you don't end up stockpiling all your good items (like in most other RPGs), and the story never takes itself seriously and ends up very entertaining because of it.

Mark

• Legendary Fruitcake
  • Administrator
  • Fruit-tastic
    • CoopGamer.com
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 11:49:16 AM »
I wanted to get Super Robot Taisen.  Of course, I'm a sucker for fan service and the old school Japan-easiness of it all.  $35 was just a bit too steep for a DS game though, I'll have to wait for a sale or used.  Looked absolutely hilarious.

Mad World is on sale at Best Buy online for $20.  I think I'm going to pick that up today on my way home from work.

Ershin

• Tangy Fruit
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2009, 01:51:33 PM »
Ahh, see that's where gamefly has been such a boon.  Overall I'm buying/spending far less games than I ever used to, and when I do buy them, I spend a lot less than I would at the store.  I got SRTOGEF (it's still long even in acronym form!) for about $10 off getting it through them.

As a matter of fact, I'd have probably gotten it for $20 off, but I'd already spent a couple of coupons that they'd given me earlier in the month (I got Mercs 2 for a grand total of $3.73).

Mark

• Legendary Fruitcake
  • Administrator
  • Fruit-tastic
    • CoopGamer.com
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2009, 10:20:24 AM »
That's awesome.  I'd pick it up for $25.  I think I will ultimately regret not buying it because I foresee this game becoming a rare collectible down the line.  Plus it comes with that music CD.  Drool.

Bought Mad World.  Played it a bit.  Can't say I'm really impressed.  Yeah, it's shockingly ultraviolent.  And?

Jude

• Forbidden Fruit
  • Invincible.
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2009, 08:09:10 PM »
Finally grabbed Punch Out on Wii.  Working on the title defense mode now.  The game's a blast, I think.  I blitzed the first two circuits without losing because a  lot of the patterns are the same as the old days, or are fairly easy to learn.

Jude

• Forbidden Fruit
  • Invincible.
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2009, 11:19:45 PM »
Well, I finally did it.  I went out and bought a PS3, and now I'm playing Metal Gear Solid 4.  It's interesting so far--it goes without saying that it looks and sounds great.

Alchemeron

• Fruit-tastic
  • The Sophist
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2009, 11:21:45 AM »
I was sitting around, at 3am, and grabbed FF7 off PSN.

God damn the music in that game is good.
Mostly Harmless

Jude

• Forbidden Fruit
  • Invincible.

Stayponie

• Ripened Fruit
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2009, 04:31:20 PM »
I was sitting around, at 3am, and grabbed FF7 off PSN.

God damn the music in that game is good.

OMG I had no idea PSN had that. After I read this, I immediately went to grab it for download...it's my second favorite FF after FF6.

Alchemeron

• Fruit-tastic
  • The Sophist
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2009, 12:03:50 PM »
Mostly Harmless

Enterprise © Bloc