Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome!

Author Topic: What are you currently playing?  (Read 40969 times)

Mark

• Legendary Fruitcake
  • Administrator
  • Fruit-tastic
    • CoopGamer.com
Re: What are you currently playing?
« Reply #450 on: January 27, 2017, 12:52:51 PM »
The whole giant malicious genie thing felt trite to me.

The best part about that particular story was when you discover what the "exorcism" chant Geralt commanded really was.  Then you understand why the genie was so pissed off.   ;D

Haine

• Ripened Fruit
  • 70% Fiction
« Reply #451 on: February 26, 2017, 01:36:20 PM »
I was lucky to get a pre-order for the switch and Breath of the Wild. I'm looking forward to it. :)
You make your choices and you live with them and in the end you are those choices.

wushuwannabe

• Forbidden Fruit
« Reply #452 on: February 26, 2017, 06:47:04 PM »
I was lucky to get a pre-order for the switch and Breath of the Wild. I'm looking forward to it. :)

SO JEALOUS!

The system seems really cool! The portability of it is a huge selling factor. I love my PS Vita and 3DS for the fact that I can play on them when I'm out and about, which is most of the time. Marry a decently-powered system with Nintendo software, and it's everything I want. I hope the battery life turns out to be good enough on the Switch.

Still not sure when I'll be able to get my hands on one.

Mark

• Legendary Fruitcake
  • Administrator
  • Fruit-tastic
    • CoopGamer.com
« Reply #453 on: March 22, 2017, 12:46:37 PM »
Cool, Haine.  I'm not sold on it yet, but I've been keeping my eye on it.

I bought the season pass to Witcher 3 and decided to start over with a new game+ with the addition of the expansions. 

I am also nearing the end of the second (short story) book.

wushuwannabe

• Forbidden Fruit
« Reply #454 on: March 25, 2017, 10:42:09 PM »
Just started Until Dawn which has been sitting on my PS4 for a couple months now. Only passed the prologue and just started chapter 1, but it's creeeeeepy already. So far I'm liking it!

I paused on reading Witcher for the short term because I'm studying to get my real estate license, but as soon as I finish that I'll jump right back into it.

wushuwannabe

• Forbidden Fruit
« Reply #455 on: April 27, 2017, 09:44:55 PM »
Until Dawn was rad. I thought it was really scary and well done - playing at night and alone downstairs really added to the creepiness!

I'm back to reading the Witcher books, and am now on the 6th book. When I was reading the 3rd book, I wasn't sure I liked the novel format - I had gotten really used to everything about Geralt being a short story - but in the 4th book the shit really hits the fan (read: Nilfgaard invasion) and now I can't stop reading. For Witcher 3 fans, it really explains a lot about the characters, like: why does Ciri have a big ugly scar on her face? What was Thanned all about? What's this Lodge of Sorceresses thing?

And of course I'm playing the Witcher 3 game, and having a great time with it. Playing on death march difficulty is pretty brutal at first, but I recently got the "gourmet" ability, and to be honest it kind of breaks the game. It gives you health regeneration from food for 20 minutes - and that is 20 minutes of real-life time - so now it's pretty hard to die unless I'm being careless and not defending at all. I love how every quest is interesting - no fetch quests asking me to collect 20 wolf pelts or something lame as such. It's a great game to just take my time with and I can't see myself ever getting bored with it so I am absolutely just doing everything possible in the game. I may just end up playing this game for the next year.

Mark

• Legendary Fruitcake
  • Administrator
  • Fruit-tastic
    • CoopGamer.com
« Reply #456 on: August 01, 2017, 11:50:10 AM »
I really liked the presentation of Until Dawn.  It had that B movie camp feel, but didn't go over board.  Also, the actors were top notch. 

I've been playing a space simulator game called Stellaris recently.  The soundtrack is phenomenal.  Here is a compilation of the trailers which does a good job of not only setting the tone for the game, but also showcasing some fine tunes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r857HHiVtl4

Still working on my new game+ for Witcher 3.  Making slow progress.  And nearing the end of book 1.

Mickerus

• Ripened Fruit
  • I feel stronger.
« Reply #457 on: August 02, 2017, 08:43:42 PM »
I really liked the presentation of Until Dawn.  It had that B movie camp feel, but didn't go over board.  Also, the actors were top notch. 

I've been playing a space simulator game called Stellaris recently.  The soundtrack is phenomenal.  Here is a compilation of the trailers which does a good job of not only setting the tone for the game, but also showcasing some fine tunes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r857HHiVtl4

Still working on my new game+ for Witcher 3.  Making slow progress.  And nearing the end of book 1.

Stellaris is a damn fine game now, with the DLC filling out the rougher edges. There are a few niggling balance issues here and there, but I enjoy the game quite a bit. Only thing I don't like about it is how much it slows down mid to late game, after you've done almost all the exploring you're going to do, you've expanded as much as you reasonably can, and mostly all you're doing is sitting and waiting for research to complete or building up enough unity to reach new ascensions.

A similar game, Endless Space 2, had been my space civ of choice, and also has some phenomenal tunes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BeR6zv3tH0 is a personal favorite. I think the same guy composes the music for all of the Endless series, (Space, Space 2, Legend, Dungeon of the Endless) and man he does not disappoint.

Other than that I'm still hopping onto WoW from time to time, though I'm not doing much in it. Heroes of the Storm every now and then, maybe more often if I like how Garrosh plays when they release him.

Enterprise © Bloc