Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome!

Author Topic: Wii U  (Read 3195 times)

wushuwannabe

• Forbidden Fruit
Wii U
« on: June 13, 2012, 11:30:56 PM »
E3 flew by, and I was left so uninspired. I really wanted Nintendo to blow our socks off and to give me a new console to drool over. By the end I couldn't think of a single reason to buy it, and that's really sad. Anybody else go into E3 rooting for Nintendo and end up disappointed?

Jude

• Forbidden Fruit
  • Invincible.
Re: Wii U
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 01:41:18 PM »
Yeah, I was really looking forward to Nintendo's shebang but they didn't bring it.  Looking forward to Pikmin and Mario, of course, but the WiiU hasn't wow'd me like new consoles generally do.  E3 wasn't a complete bust though.  Ubisoft absolutely killed it with their line-up, from Rayman to Far Cry to Splinter Cell to Assassin's Creed to Watch Dogs.

Mark

• Legendary Fruitcake
  • Administrator
  • Fruit-tastic
    • CoopGamer.com
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 04:03:36 PM »
Man, I am so out of the loop.  Too bad about the Wii U.

What would you say is the #1 thing that you guys look forward to based off of E3's offerrings?

Jude

• Forbidden Fruit
  • Invincible.
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 04:48:22 PM »
Man, I am so out of the loop.  Too bad about the Wii U.

What would you say is the #1 thing that you guys look forward to based off of E3's offerrings?
Lords of Shadow 2 and Mirror of Fate because I am a diehard Castlevania fan.

wushuwannabe

• Forbidden Fruit
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2012, 02:27:10 AM »
Assassin's Creed 3 for me as it's my all-time favorite series. I think Last of Us and Beyond both look really good too.

Haine

• Ripened Fruit
  • 70% Fiction
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2012, 11:38:10 AM »
Nothing really interested me. I'm looking forward to SC: Heart of the Swarm though :)
You make your choices and you live with them and in the end you are those choices.

wushuwannabe

• Forbidden Fruit
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, 07:49:04 PM »
Wii U consoles are sold out pretty much everywhere.

http://venturebeat.com/2012/11/19/the-hype-is-real-consumers-are-scooping-up-every-available-wii-u/

I didn't get one, but I'm curious to ask if anybody here did. And if so, your impressions so far?

Mark

• Legendary Fruitcake
  • Administrator
  • Fruit-tastic
    • CoopGamer.com
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2012, 06:24:43 PM »
I'm actually pretty surprised it is selling out considering the price point and the fact that there really isn't much in terms of launch offerings.  I'd be curious too to see if anyone picked one up. 

Jude

• Forbidden Fruit
  • Invincible.
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2012, 07:07:34 PM »
Mark, they shipped a pretty limited number of units so selling out was pretty easy, actually.

wushuwannabe

• Forbidden Fruit
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2012, 01:29:06 AM »
I just bought the deluxe set for one of my employees for a Christmas gift. I had to get on the reservation list at my local Gamestop, but once I was on it I was actually able to get it same-day. To be honest, as I held the box I actually felt tempted to keep it for myself. The games look really fun to play with my kids.

Haine

• Ripened Fruit
  • 70% Fiction
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2012, 03:22:59 AM »
To be honest, I'm gonna wait until there's a Zelda game. They seem to be the only reason I buy Nintendo consoles now.
You make your choices and you live with them and in the end you are those choices.

wushuwannabe

• Forbidden Fruit
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2012, 08:31:52 PM »
To be honest, I'm gonna wait until there's a Zelda game. They seem to be the only reason I buy Nintendo consoles now.

I am basically in the same boat. There is nothing I want on that system to play solo.

However, some of the games already available seem AWESOME for families with kids, playing as a group. I remember playing Super Bomberman 4 players with my cousins, and that was one of the holiday gaming highlights. Nintendo Land alone has several great games that I am sure my children will have a blast with - and me of course playing with them.

Enterprise © Bloc